Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ready for the Race

This was my last week of half marathon training. The race is on Saturday which means tomorrow (Friday) is my rest day! Rest day with two toddler boys? Yeah, right! Well, I will at least be taking a break from running a few miles in the morning.

Anyways, I'm really excited for the race. I've been feeling pretty good on my runs and I feel ready to PR. Last year I ran a 1:47:27 so that is the time I need to beat. Which means I need to stay around an 8 minute/mile pace. Totally doable, right? We shall see.

A few things I like to do before the race...

1. Rest/stretch the day before.
2. Take IB Profen before the race.
3. Eat a banana the morning of the race along with a protein bar of some sort. (Believe it or not, that is like the only time I ever eat those things.)

What do you like to do before your race? If you are running this weekend I wish you the best of luck!

Also, since I did not post a Weekly Workout this week here is a breakdown of what I did/am doing...

Monday
Run 3 miles
Weights

Tuesday
Rest

Wednesday
Run 3 miles
Weights

Thursday
Run 3 miles

Friday
Rest

Saturday
Race Day (13.1)

Sunday 
Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment