Monday, June 10, 2013

The results are in...

Well, the race was on Saturday and guess what? I beat my time! My new PR is 1:44:49. I was 11th place out of 226 for my age division. Not too shabby for a little gymnast girl who didn't know how to run 3 years ago, huh? 

For the most part the race went really well. I started off feeling great! Nic was even surprised at how fast of a pace I was going. My goal was to keep my pace at 8 min/mile or under. And that is exactly where I was at the whole race. I cannot say that my body felt the greatest during the race though. At about mile 6 I started feeling pain in my hips and left knee...grrr! One of my other goals was to run the race without any pain. Unfortunately I was in a lot of pain by the end of the race and was feeling really sore yesterday. However, that is my own fault. I did not train that fast of a pace and so I paid for it.

Nic gave me a really nice full body massage last night. He is the best hubs ever! Did I mention he stayed by my side the whole entire race and made sure I was at the pace I needed to be at? He was like my own personal pacer during the race. I love him! 

This morning I went for a jog to the gym, did a workout with weights, jumped on the ellyptical for 20 minutes, then jogged back home. I felt like an old lady jogging so slow and in so much pain but I am feeling better already!

So, now that the race is over I am excited to start my new workout plan. Nic was discussing fitness with an ex-NFL player, Gerald Willhite, who is now in his 50's and he told Nic how to get ripped! So we are going to give it a try. If you are interested in this "Get Ripped in 30 Days" plan then follow my weekly workouts. It's simple, not complicated. 

http://www.fanbase.com/Gerald-Willhite/photo/833805?n=1
Also, a friend of mine is considering doing the Spartan Race in Sacramento, CA in October and is looking for a friend to do it with. I just might sign up for it. I grew up in that part of California so it would be fun to go home and visit family and do the crazy race....we'll see!


 

1 comment: