Sunday, August 31, 2014

Weekly Workout: Sept. 1 - 7

Hey! It's me. Remember me?

I used to blog and write stuff about working out, recipes, fun stuff to do with your kids, date nights, etc.? Remember?

Probably not. I don't blame ya!

Well, I'm back. So if you missed me then I missed you too and we don't need to miss each other any more.

I plan on continuing the weekly workouts here on the blog. Also, I will be posting each daily workout on IG. Follow @kandisbennion to see those posts.

My main focus for these workouts is to be quick but efficient. The kind of workout that is hard but not too hard. It gives you that added energy you need for the day. Just enough to make you feel healthy, fit, and energetic so we can focus on and do all the other things we love to do.

So if you want to be healthy and fit with me then let's work out together. Here it goes!

Monday
Elliptical 30 min

Pull ups 3x7
Single leg squat 3x10

Bicep curl to overhead press 3x15
Squats 3x10 followed by 10 jumps

Seated row 3x10
Dancer squat 3x10

Planks (front, side, side, back)
30 sec on hands, 30 sec on elbows

Tuesday
Run 3 miles
100's (very little or no weight):
Lunges
Crunches
Super man arch ups
Push ups on counter top

Wednesday
Rest or do something active with friends, family, kids

Thursday
Treadmill walk (incline: 10, speed 4) 30 min

Shoulder complex 3x8

Quad extensions 3x10
Hamstring curls 3x10

Back extension, side crunch 3x12

Friday
Run 3 miles
100's (very little or no weight):
Squats
Bicep curls
Overhead tricep extension
Crunches

Saturday
Do something active with friends or family

Sunday
Rest

Please note that the exercises that are coupled together should be done together. For example on Monday do 1 set of pull ups followed by 1 set of single leg squats (repeat 3 times). The point is not to rest. Keep your heart rate up. Remember, these are meant to be quick and efficient work outs.

If you ever have any questions about the exercises please leave a comment. I'm not always using the same technical terminology as other people. So if you are ever confused, just ask!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment