Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wanna get ripped?

Join me for 30 days of getting ripped. According to ex-NFL football player, Gerald Willhite (Denver Broncos 1982-1989), getting ripped is simple and easy. Let me clarify because I often assume that everyone knows how to workout and that everyone knows what eating healthy means. This is simple and easy for those that have studied fitness and wellness, ex-athletes, or workout junkies. Here is the plan...

Day 1 - 100's & run 3-5 miles
Day 2 - Heavy & run 3-5 miles
...and repeat.

So, run 3-5 miles everyday and alternate between 100's and lifting heavy. What are 100's you ask? You do 1 set of 100 reps. You want to target every muscle in your body if possible. For example, 100 squats, 100 bicep curls, 100 tricep pull-downs, 100 shoulder press, 100 sit ups, etc. Keep in mind the weight is very minimal because you are doing 100 reps in only 1 set. So if you don't use any weight that is fine or if you just use 5 lbs. that is fine. Then on heavy days you will do the normal 3 sets of 10 at the heaviest weight possible. Alternate between these two workouts throughout the week and try to get in at least 5-6 workouts in one week.

In addition to this workout plan, it is important to stick to a healthy diet. Eat a light breakfast in the morning, a decent lunch, and a light dinner. Include a healthy snack between meals. So lunch should be your "biggest" meal.

What do you think? Wanna try it with me? I know I could use a little change in a workout plan. If you want to follow along with me, I will be posting my Weekly Workouts each week so that you know exactly what lifts to do and everything. That way you don't have to be a fitness/wellness major, ex-athlete, or workout junkie to do this workout.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment